Krittika nakshatra (Tauri or Alcyone) This is the birth star of Chandra. Many constellations gather at the tail end of Krithika group. It extends from Mesa 26:40. The residuary 10: degree falls in Vrishabha. The Devata is Agni; Lord (Adhipati) is Mangal and Sukar. Agni is the great purifier, the great consumer of and the giver of light, heat and brightness. Agni causes the fire of life and the drive. It is also the spark of life. Without fire creation would not exist. Agni is at the base of creation and of the continuation of existence. It consumes everything. The fire of digestion in the human system and the external fire for cooking are only different manifestation of the same principle, which is Agni. Agni is the symbol of brightness and brilliance, all weapons with firepower. And other things of the same category come within the range of Krittika group. The fire is considered as purifier; for it burns away all that is wicked, dark and dull, also all that is low and sinful and inauspicious in the world. The dross thus blazed away, only effulgence and light remain. Fire gives the earth its activity and dynamic and revives it after the spells of cold that periodically inflict comatose condition of the earth. It is easy enough to deduce from fire the causal effect of the Krittika group. Mangal is the lord of that part of Krittika which is in Mesha Rasi and Mangal is like a mass of lightning in shining splendor. So, the Krittika in Mesa is devastatingly brilliant, the effulgence being closely associated with also an incendiary character. The Krittika of Vrishabha Rasi is brilliant but unlike the Krittika of Mesha, not incendiary. The Lord of Vrishabha Rasi is Shukra and Shukra stands for worship of beauty and for poetry and imagination. He is radiantly white like snow, the Kunda flower and the Utpal. He is also the encyclopedic expounder of all branches of learning. It follows that the Krittika of Vrishabha is brilliant but the brilliance does not burn, it is soft and sweet, and benign. The Krittika of Mesa Rasi is doubtless brilliant; it has plenty of heat, which burns. The Krittika of Vrishabha has on the contrary a softened radiance, a wave of brightness that does not hurt.
1. Physical features:Normally he is of middle stature. However, native with Saturn’s aspect to this segment has a tall body. His nose is prominent and his eyes sympathetic, neck thick and stout, solidly built body with big shoulders and well developed muscles, countenance peaceful and his behavior respectful. He has a commanding appearance.
2. Character and general events: While he is on the one hand very intelligent, on the other hand he cannot pursues any goal for long. In other words he easily gets bored with any particular thing and jump upon another without knowing the pros and cons. He is capable of rendering good advice and tells others the way out for any problem. But in his own life, he does what he thinks at a particular time.
He will discard any friendship if that friendship questions his ego and freedom. But at the same time he does not like to achieve name, fame and wealth through unfair means or at the mercy of others. His needs or wants are not beyond reason nor his accumulations always spectacular, although his money making abilities are often phenomenal, his motivation however derives from an emphatic wish to remain free from obligations. He cannot find fault in his own action. Optimism followed with self-pride is one of the characteristics of these persons. He is determined to go ahead with great energy and shows his stubborn and tenacious nature.
Orthodoxy and monotheism are combined in him i.e. while he is orthodox he does not believe in age-old blind belief and customs. Persistent effort and hard work are his motto. He is eager to render some positive service to the world but he cannot shine for longer period. He involves himself in public life sincerely but loss and failures are ultimate gain. This drawback is attributable to lack of ability to move according to the situation.
He tries to impose certain restriction and control through self-assessment and modify them according to his sweet will. Once a promise is made, it will be carried out at any cost.
In the public life he can attain name, fame and respect. Excess of sincerity will be the means of his downfall. Frustrations start hunting him even on small matters and lead him to outburst. Once he got heated up, subsequent steps will be dangerous. Hence he has to observe maximum mental balance and keep away the out bursting temperament. Remarkable ability will be shown in arguments and counter arguments with reasoning. It is quite often seen that these types of persons will be bereft of truth and money, undertakes unnecessary travel. They are thankless and will utter cruel words.
3. Education, source of earning/profession: Mostly Krittika born will not stay in the hometown. That means his livelihood will be in the foreign land. When I say foreign, it is not necessary that it should be a foreign country. Foreign land means a little away from the place where he is born. Partnership business is not suitable to him.
He derives benefits from the government. Engineer, doctor specialised in venereal diseases, treasury department, draftsman. In case the native is interested in business he can derive maximum benefits from the yarn export, medicines and decorative industries. A large legacy at any part of his life is awaiting for him. He is very slow in any work. Hence for success in life, he is advised to increase the speed while doing any work as otherwise he may be dragged behind others.
4. Family life: He is generally lucky in his married life. His spouse will be expert in household administration, dedicated and devoted, faithful and virtuous. With all these plus points, health of the spouse will be a concern for him and / or circumstances may so be created that he has to quite often live separately. When I say separation, it may be due to work or due to ill health to either of the family members i.e. parents of the spouse etc. and not due to disharmony between the couple.
While he has to confront with many obstacles in various walks of life, he will be contended and lucky in the family field, where he enjoys the utmost satisfaction and peace.
He is more attached to mother. Among his co-borns, the native will enjoy more favor and love from the mother. While his father will be a pious man and well-known person, the native cannot enjoy comforts and benefits from father. His life up to 50 years of age will be full of trial and have to face frequent changes in surroundings. However, period between 25 years and 35 years and 50 years and 56 years will be very good.
Love marriage is indicated to the native. Sometimes, it has been found that Krittika born marries a girl known to his family.
5. Health: He has good appetite but he cannot has a systematic food habit. Diseases to which he is prone to are dental problem, weak eyesight, tuberculosis, wind and piles, brain fever, accident, wounds, malaria or cerebral meningitis.
Whatever may be the condition of his health, whether good or bad, neither he is afraid of any disease nor he is ready to observe daily care of his health.
1. Physical Features:She will have a clean body, medium height and extremely beautiful up to her 27th years of age. Thereafter, due to sudden psychological or circumstantial changes, her beauty slowly starts fading.
2. Character and general events: While she is not completely loveless, she will not subdue to the pressure of others. Therefore, mentally she has to suffer. She is fond of quarrels. She expresses arrogance not only in her appearance but also in the domestic environment.
3. Education, sources of income/profession: Normally only a very few percentage of Krittika females are highly educated. She earns by working in the paddy field, agriculture field, fisheries and other small-scale industries. When the birth is in the 1st degree of Krittika or 12 to 13.20 degree of Krittika, the native becomes highly learned and she may be an Administrative Office, Doctor or Chemical Engineer or a Teacher. She also earns as a musician or artist, tailor or from leather products.
4. Family life: She cannot enjoy full comforts of her husband. In some cases childlessness or separation from husband is also indicated and in few cases no marriage takes place. In case marriage does not takes place in early age, in several cases it has been that her 37th year is good for marriage. She will not keep cordial relation with relatives as a sense of suppression and subordination is rampant in mind. Truth is that these females live in an illusion world and they show discourtesy to the people who actually are their well wishes. Ultimately a secluded life is in store for them.
5. Health: Health will be severely afflicted either due to excess work or lack of mental peace. Glandular tuberculosis has also been noticed.