Uttarashadha nakshatra (Sagigtarii). Spread from 26:40’ Dhanu to 10: of Makara. Lord is Guru and Sani. The derivatives from Uttarasarha are closely allied to those of Poorbasarha. The points of difference are as follows. Poorbasarha spreads out, it is concerned with extensiveness. Uttarasarha is introspective and penetrative and is concerned with intensiveness, the results of the latter being more permanent than the former (Poorbasarha). The deity who preserves this world and makes for its welfare is called ‘ganadevata’. There are ten ganadevatas Basu, Satya, Kratu, Daksha, Kala, Kama, Dhriti, Kuru, Pururaba, Madraba. All their attributes are in this star. The warrior, the wrestler, the painter, the artist, the magician, the well-dressed man, the happy and successful men are influenced by this star. A special characteristic of it is that it causes a person to be admired and socially applauded. Another characteristic of it is is that under the influence of this star the native falls in love with an unmarried girl. Vishma of the Mahabharata was one of the 8 Basus; so under this star one possesses self-control, restraint, endurance and firm character. There are special rituals for the worship of ganadevatas, which are more or less of specialized nature. The juice of Soma plant plays a part in ‘yagna’ and worship.
1. Physical features: A well proportioned body. Broad head. tall figure. Long nose, bright eyes. Charming and graceful appearance with fair complexion.
2.Character and general events: He will be refined, soft spoken, pure hearted and an innocent looking countenance. In case he happens to occupy a very high position in the society, he will not like to express pomp and show and will dress like a simple-ton. He gives respect to all and particularly women folk. He is god fearing. It is not easy for others to find out the underlying merits and demerits. It is only after several acquaintances and dealing one can come to a conclusion about the behavioral aspect of this native. In most of the cases, it has been noticed that there will be black mole around his waist or on the face. A slight reddish colour is noticed in his eye.
He will be very plain in his dealings and will show utmost sincerity in all the work he undertakes. He will not deceive others and would not like to cause any trouble to others. So much so, due to his inherent good behavior quality he often lands into uncalled for problems. While he is plain hearted, he will not subdue to any pressure and will not bestow full confidence on anybody. But once he takes into confidence a person nobody can change him. To certain extent, he is slave to flattery and expect that others must look after his welfare. He will not take any hasty decision, whereas full consultation. With trusted persons will be obtained before coming to a conclusion. While he is very much involved in all the activities he undertakes, usually he is a lazy fellow.
Even in the state of conflict he cannot utter harsh words directly to any person and in spite of difference of opinion he will not like to express his unhappiness to others. Any discussion he makes with others will be without expressing any ill-will. He is bound to shoulder much responsibilities at a young age. Due to this he is fully trained to shoulder any responsibility with perfection. Once he is convinced that any action carried out by him or words uttered by him happens to be wrong he will not hesitate to repent and express sorry.
His every action requires recognition by others. otherwise, he is dragged into the state of unhappiness. He is subjected to maximum happiness at one stage and the maximum unhappiness at the next.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He has to be very careful in any controversial dealings. Before any collaboration is made, he has to completely screen the persons with whom he is entering into such collaboration. Otherwise, failure is certain. Period after the age of 38 years will mark all round success and prosperity.
4. Family life: Normally his childhood willbe somewhat better. But later on he may have to face a lot of unexpected reversals and problems in the family front. It has noticed that between the age of 28 and31 years some important change takes place in the family circle.
His married life will be more or less very good. He normally gets a responsible and loving wife. At the same time the health of the spouse will be a cause of concern for him. His wife will be having problems of acidity or uterus disorder. In spite of the comparative advantages mentioned above, he lacks happiness from the children whereas his children will be main cause of concern.
5. Health: He is prone to stomach problems, paralysis of limbs, pulmonary diseases. Poor eyesight or some defects in the eyes.
Females born in this Nakshatra will also enjoy more or less the same results mentioned above in the case of male natives. In addition the following results will be enjoyed:
1. Physical features: Her forehead will be much wider, nose larger, eyes attractive, teeth beautiful, body stout but not so beautiful hair.
2. Character and general events: One of the worst qualities of these females is that they are the ‘obstinate dare devil’. Her utterances are not well thought, whereas she jump into conflict with others. This category of females very well fit to the proverb “There are two horns for the rabbits I have got”. In spite of this disadvantage she would like to lead a very simple life.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Generally, females born in this Nakshatra are educated. she may be a teacher, bank employee or attached to religious institution. If Mercury is also placed with Moon, she may earn as a publisher or a writer.
4.Family life: She cannot enjoy her married life in it’s fullest sense whereas quite often her mind will be disturbed due to either husband’s separation or some other problems connected with him. She is very much religiously inclined and observe all the religious formalities.
She derives complete happiness and contentment by marrying a Revati or Uttara-Bhadra Pada boy.
5. Health: She will have wind problems, hernia or uterus problems etc.