Punarvasu nakshatra (Geminorium) Spread from 20:00 degrees Mithuna up to 3:20 Karkata. Presiding deity Aditi, the Lord is Budha and Chandra. Symbol-Quiver (receptacle for arrows).
This is the birth nakshatra of Lord Rama. The word Punarvasu is derived from Puna+ Vasu, which means return, renewal, restoration or repetition. The 12 Adityas were born of Kasyapa in the womb of Aditi. The 12 Vasus are Indra, Vishnu, Vaga, Twasta, Barun, Aryama, Pusa, Mitra, Agni, Parjyanya, Vivaswan and Dinakar. The mother Aditi of whom the Gods are born is the repository of everything good-truth, generosity, magnanimity, purity, aristocracy, beauty and renown. It follows that this star is the cause for these virtues. To start afresh after having once broken off, to start a new life, to come back from a distant land-all. Punarvasu signifies these. It stands for freedom from restriction and limitation, and boundless space. The Gods, the children of Aditi, are basically and essentially are different from children of Diti, who are demons. The demons never had a taste of divine nectar and therefore miss the knowledge of fundamentals, fundamentals of creation and mystery. They were engrossed with or deeply emerged in enjoyment of the externals, the materialistic aspect of the universe. Gold and sex were the two immediate pursuits, which made them extroverts. The Gods however, could rip into the deeper texture of thins, they had tasted the divine nectar and become partners in supreme divine bliss and Punarvasu represents all these.
1. Physical features: Handsome, long hights and long face. Some identification mark on the face or on the backside of the head
2. Character and general events: The native has complete faith in God. He is religiously inclined. Initially he will have good behavior but later on according to the circumstances he changes his behavior. Therefore, others have to be careful while approaching him. It is very difficult to know his inner thought. He is contended with little but at the same time he is hot tempered. He sticks to ancient tradition and belief
He will not stand a party to any illegal activities and will try to resist others from doing so. He does not like to cause trouble to others, on the other hand he tries to help the needy. He will lead a simple life
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He can shine and get success in almost all the subjects except in partnership business. He can attain much name and fame as a teacher or as an actor. Writer, physician etc. Period up to 32 years of age will not be so good. Hence he should not involve himself in any major business till 32 years of age. He may not be in a position to accumulate wealth but he can attain public honor. The main reason why the native is not in a position to accumulate wealth is lack of business trick and straightforwardness. One peculiar expression can be seen in his face i.e. an innocent and frustrated looking
4. Family life: He is the most obedient child of his parents. He respects his father and mother as also his teacher. His marriage life may not be good. He may either divorce his wife or another marriage, even while the first wife is alive. In case he does not go for the second marriage the health of the spouse will give a lot of problems and mental agony. However, his spouse will have all the qualities of a good housewife. Frequent friction between other family members will take place. All these simultaneous problems will lead to mental wreckage
5. Health: While there may not be any serious health problem, even the slightest problem will be a cause of concern for him. He drinks lot of water. He has strong digestion
1. Physical features: Her eyes are red, curly hair, sweet speech and high nose
2. Character and general events: While she will generally have a calm nature, she has argumentative tongue, which will lead her into frequent friction with her relatives and her neighbors. However, she is charitable and shows respect. She will have many servants. On the whole she will be leading a comfortable life
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: She is fond of music, gets mastery over dances
4. Family life: Her husband will be most handsome man
5. Health: She cannot enjoy good health. This is mainly due to her non-care nature about her health. Jaundice, tuberculosis, goiter and pneumonia, stomach upset and ear trouble.